Forms & Financial Information
USEFUL FORMS :
Financial and Insurance Information
We appreciate you allowing us to provide dental care for your child, and our financial policy is designed to assist you in obtaining the highest quality dental care for your child. Every effort will be made to provide a treatment plan which fits your timetable and budget. We wish to attract parents to our practice that take an active role in their child’s dental health and remain financially responsible. Because we value our relationship with you and believe that the best relationships are based upon understanding, we offer these clarifications on methods of payment & insurance reimbursement.
For patients with dental insurance, we will work with your insurance company to estimate your benefits. On the day of service, you will be required to pay only the portion of the professional fees that we anticipate will not be covered by insurance. For your convenience, we offer the following methods of payment: Cash, debit cards, and most major credit cards. Any amount not paid by your insurance company at 60 days from the date of service will be due in full from you at that time. For us to be able to provide this service, we will request a credit card at your first visit, and any amount unpaid at 90 days will be charged to this credit card. Of course, we will continue to work with you to resolve your insurance claim appropriately.
For patients without dental insurance, payment in full for professional services is due at the time dental treatment is rendered. We are happy to offer a 5% discount to patients who elect to pay in cash on the day of service.
We are dedicated to providing all our patients with the finest treatment available and base our treatment recommendations on what will be best for your child and not what your insurance company does or doesn’t pay. Please note the following in regards to your dental insurance coverage:
- We must emphasize that as a health care provider, our relationship is with you and your child, not your dental insurance company. Your dental insurance is a contract between your employer and the insurance company. Most plans routinely pay between 50-80% of the average total fee for a covered treatment.
- As a courtesy, we will be happy to file for your insurance benefits, though we are not obligated to do so. Because your dental insurance plan is a contract between you, your employer and the insurance company, many carriers will not reimburse this office. In this instance, you will be responsible for the full cost of the visits at the time services are provided and your insurance company will send you the reimbursement check directly.
- Any amount determined to be not covered by your insurance company is payable at the time services are rendered; these fees may include deductibles, co-payments, or certain procedures that are not covered by your insurance policy. Unfortunately, some of the services that we may recommend for your child will not be covered by your specific dental policy. Our primary goal is to treat your child using the best possible materials, supplies, and medications within a safe and non-threatening environment and not necessarily in the cheapest manner, which can be the goal of insurance companies.
- We allow a maximum of 60 days for your insurance company to clear account balances. Any unpaid portions will be due in full, by you, after this period. Any amount still outstanding at 90 days will be charged to your credit card, and will be subject to a finance charge.
- Our office does not determine your dental benefits. Your employer chooses a particular policy and if you are unhappy with it’s specific coverage, this should be brought to your supervisor’s attention. Only your employer can adjust benefits or change policies.
To help provide cost-effective care to our patients, we work with CareCredit, a healthcare lender, to offer short & long term financing programs for dental treatment. Please feel free to inquire about these various payment programs.
After attempts to collect outstanding funds and a 90 day grace period from time of service, parents/guardians not fulfilling their financial obligation will be sent to collections, as stipulated by our accountants.
Prior to completing any treatment, we will provide you with a cost estimate indicating our total fee, what we anticipate your insurance coverage to be, and your estimated out-of-pocket portion. Please remember that this is only an estimate based upon generalized information provided by your dental insurance company. An additional billing or possibly a refund may be subsequently required, should information provided be inaccurate.
We will always do our best to maximize the insurance benefits that you are eligible to receive and we appreciate your prompt settlement of any charges that may be incurred during your child’s treatment process. We look forward to years of close association with you, as we work together to care for your child’s oral health!